Happy Saturday, everyone!
I think my favorite part about being a beginner blogger, starting from scratch, is that I have this massive digital blank canvas in front of me, to create and manage however I choose. THAT for an artistic person, is drool-worthy. So, bare with me at the start of things, because I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a WHOLE lot of experimenting, over-posting (if there's such a thing), re-organizing and decorating, basically some home-improvement stuff! I'm still getting used to this whole blogging thing, and as fun as it is, things might be messy at first. Kind of like the beginning of a new fling, which I'm becoming all too familiar with lately, being newly single. FUN, but so messy and awkward lol. We're just figuring each other out, right?
With all of that being said, if you're one of my ladies out there who consistently follows bloggers, then I assume you most likely read and adore Amber Fillerup, the ever so popular, Barefoot Blonde. If you DO, then you're probably familiar with her series called "12 Things" where get this, she basically just writes ... 12 things! Whatever 12 things her heart desires. Complicated concept, I know. I'm pretty sure it's a series she started up, although I could be wrong...but as original and beautiful as she is, we're obviously all easily inspired by her. Ironically, I didn't first discover the series on her blog, but on Aspyn Ovard's, another blogger and creator that I look up to. I've followed Aspyn for about 10+ years now, and at 21 years old, she's easily one of the most successful, creative and inspiring female entrepreneurs I've ever come across. Aspyn "borrowed" Amber's series once or twice on her blog, because it's a cute and easy idea, and now, I'm gonna do the same! At least for now, until I introduce some original ideas I have up my own sleeve...so with all credit to Amber, here goes my first 12 things post!
Oh, p.s. I'll link both Aspyn and Amber's blogs down at the bottom of this post. If one day my blog and following can be a QUARTER as flawless and successful as there's, we're throwing a big ole party, ya'll.
- I am really freakin loving graphic t-shirts. I don't know where it came from, but I'm going through a weird fashion phase. I have like 20 different "styles" lately, and I'm just as confused as you'd be if you watched me shop lol. But one of them definitely revolves around graphic t's. I'm obsessed with the edgy-chic-grungy-layered look. The same kind of look urban outfitters charges skyrocketed prices to achieve...except I'm buying my high wasted jeans, graphic t's, chunky boots and ripped sweaters at savers and forever 21 because this blog isn't at that point where we're making this girl that kind of money yet lol.
- Holy balls it's COLD on the East Coast. SO COLD. The kind of cold that hurts and makes you question what the EF you're doing even leaving your house, and we've gotten massive amounts of snow. Had not one, but TWO snow days this past week which resorted to me having two days off of work...not really complaining about that. However, I am so so sick of chapped lips, dry skin, red, runny noses and not being able to warm up my toes and fingers when I walk inside. I need summer, or a vacation. Lordy lord, the winter really makes me question why I'd ever move off of my island?
- I need to get back into the gym this week. No more excuses, honestly. Starting Monday, my work out schedule and routine is actually beginning again. I've learned that the only time that really works for me and my work schedule is if I go RIGHT from work, which I honestly hate doing after a long day. But it's the only time that Big Sky isn't absolutely mobbed. Being on a public school schedule, I get out early afternoon when most people still have a few hours of their work day ahead of them, so the equipment I want to use is free, and there's actually parking available! If you're a big sky member, you know the horror movie that is that parking lot between 5-7pm. But boy, have I been slacking. It's the cold weather making me lazy, I'm telling ya, reference #2...
- Chobani peanut butter dream yogurt is my addiction right now. Has been for like 3 months. Try it. I'm tellin' ya. Amaazeeeballs.
- City Dreaming. I have had this burning and increasing desire to live in a city lately. It's always been a slow building dream of mine that kind of hides in the back of my mind, and I go through phases where I lose sight of the idea, but in revisiting my soul and my dreams lately, I've realized how serious I am about it. I'm at this pivotal point in my life where I can do anything I want, I'm single, I'm free, I'm young and all my options are open. I think before I make any LIFE CHANGING decisions like applying to grad school or starting a new relationship, or settling down at ALL, I have to, have to, HAVE to explore all of my crazy, selfish, individual, far-fetched dreams. A city close by, so I'm not too far from home. New York, Boston...I've applied to like 9 jobs in the past week. Crossing my fingers, but will continue to apply and hope for the best! We shall see. Any connections or recommendations you have, please hook a girl up! The city is a booming place, and getting there is gonna be hard. I'm hopeful, though. Keep you posted!
- My College dance team heads to UDA Nationals next Thursday and their Send-Off is next Wednesday. Holy shit. I am OLD and washed up and have a serious case of FOMO. I miss being a part of my dance team so so much, especially during this winter season where I know they're practicing non-stop working their butts off to get to Jersey and Florida. It's bizarre not being there for practices, and it feels so weird to just be out of the loop and not know what's going on lol. It's the weirdest feeling, but I am so excited for this season, and I can't wait to see how they do. I'm going to lose my voice Wednesday screaming for them at school, no big deal. I am so sure that they're going to blow it out of the park this year, they looked sick the last time I watched, and that was pre-winter break practices! I wish Syd, Brina and I were traveling to Florida to cheer the girls on, but you can bet I will 100% being purchasing the insanely priced full weekend package and watching live from the couch with my dance best friends, while we cry and wear our DT apparel, wishing we were on the stage. We will forever Bleed Blue.
- Justin Timberlake's new album "Man of the Woods" is being released February 2nd and it's already on my calendar. Mom and I are stoked, you should be too. "Filthy" was already released yesterday, January 5th, and it wasn't the GREATEST song he's ever done, super robotic (literally, watch the video) and mom always gets disappointed when he releases songs that don't show off his voice as well as they should, and are more "dancey". I mean, it's definitely a fun song that I will absolutely be guilty of blasting in my car, but we both hope the rest of the album is much more "classic Justin". And yes, we'll be attending his tour. As always ;)
- Need to get my hands on and read "Fire and Fury : Inside the Trump White House" ASAP. Amazon prime is my best bet, right? My step dad and I will probably have our own little book club surrounding the read, so if you have a shared hatred for him like us, and wanna join in on the discussion, let me know lol. That's all I have to say or now, but there will be a future blog post about this when I actually have the chance to read it.
- Thanks to one of my best friends, I am disgustingly obsessed with "Grace" and her album "FMA". It's pretty much been on an endless repeat for the past week. Thank you, Danielle, for knowing how much I'd love her. I knew you were my friend for a good reason. Specifically loving her songs, "How to Love Me", "Coffee", "Feel Your Love", "Say", and "Boyfriend Jeans (Remix)".
- Speaking of book clubs AND Amber Fillerup, serious themes here, today. In the midst of trying to truly grasp this blogging thing, I want to make sure I dive into the community head first and become as involved, vocal and inspired as I can. For me right now, that means doing research, reading and following bloggers I love EXTRA closely, and really studying what they post, how they interact with their followers and what keeps everyone interested and connected. I really want to make an effort to participate in Amber's Podcast and Book Club. Not something I generally would be interested in, but I'm all about trying new things right now. Especially this month, because her January book choice is so relevant to my current state of mind. The book is called "Big Magic" by Elizabeth Gilbert and it's about creative living beyond fear. The bottom of the book quotes "A must read for anyone hoping to live a creative life" - POPSUGAR (conveniently, POPSUGAR is one of the companies I applied to this week - a sign!?) So, needless to say, Amazon is stealing my money this week in the book department.
- We took our Christmas tree down today. Or, at least my parents did lol. When I got home this morning, it was on the side of the road, all depressed and cold and dried up. And the living room looked so naked! I always feel like the ending of the Holiday season is bittersweet...mostly bitter. I love Christmas more than anything, it's the most magical and joyful time of year. Love everything about it, ESPECIALLY the movies and decorations. I can't wait to have a little house and family of my own one day to make my own traditions and go CRAZY decorating the house. Definitely gonna be one of those crazy moms who dresses up with her husband just to go downstairs and put the presents under the tree at 2 am lol. Christmas movies, trees and lights should be a thing year round, just my opinion. Who agrees?!
- Black Mirror...if you watch, you watched the 4th season already since the seasons are so short. DARK episodes, holy moly. The last one, the 6th of the season, "Black Museum" was insane, and was so much more than just another episode. There are countless articles written on this episode already, saying it was the most important and most controversial episode of the series. Wired.com, specifically, wrote a pretty extensive, detailed (filled with spoilers) article on this exact topic, check it out! I love this series so much, have from the start. It's definitely a weird one, and I am guilty of skipping around episodes, but it's one of a kind. Highly recommend (but maybe not for everyone).
Aspyn Ovard's Blog -
Amber Fillerup's Blog -
Ok, that's all I got for now. I'm gonna go indulge in some dinner and then go see my best friend who's been in Nebraska for two weeks, too long. Be back soon!
Enjoy the last day of the weekend tomorrow!